On 03/07 07:16 , Callum Lerwick wrote:
> Its there, its mature, why use a hack like mailing lists when something
> more appropriate is available?

because IMHO, mail readers are more mature than most newsreaders, and I live
with a mail client constantly on hand, whereas web forums or news would
require me to take more nonexistent spare time out of my day to open the
client for *that* service, look through it (usually waiting far longer
per-message for the client to update), and delete the crap (if possible) to
get down to the stuff I want to read.

nothing beats (mutt + local mail spool) for speed when it comes to dealing
with a bunch of messages.

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator