As suggested by others, with a T1 you need some sort of CSU/DSU to interpret the signal and "covert" it to LAN type traffic.

You can either go with a newer router that has the CSU/DSU built in, or if there are budget considerations, find an older used CSU/DSU and use a Linux firewall setup on an older PC with multiple NICs. If you go with a used CSU/DSU, just make sure it's output on the LAN side is 100baseT full duplex. Anything less will be a bottleneck.

As for Linux firewalls. Smoothwall and IPCOP allow for RED, GREEN, and ORANGE (DMZ) ports by default and are both pretty rock solid firewalls for very little cost (hardware).

--
----
------