On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 03:41:38PM -0600, Josh Trutwin wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Anyone remember way back when Michael Bauer had a security talk for a TCLUG
>meeting?  Well, I bought his book and read up on his LJ columns for tunneling
>rsync using stunnel.  I don't know what it was but I just had a heck of a
>time getting it to work, mainly because he uses stunnel 3.x syntax as do many
>other stunnel examples, even those on stunnel.org. So I wrote up a document
>that hopefully will help someone out or at least so I can remember when I
>have to do this again.  I thought I'd throw it by the list to see if anyone
>has comments or suggestions.

(lines wrapped)

Hey Josh,

The tutorial looks good.  I am wondering, though, what the purpose of
all that trouble is when you can just do rsync -e ssh?  I don't use
rsync much, so maybe that's a dumb question..  But, it seems to be a
heckova lot easier than using stunnel for it.

Nonetheless, it's a good stunnel tutorial, and I suppose one could use
it for other things.

dan