On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 19:21:27 -0600
B_o_B <tclug at b-o-b.homelinux.com> wrote:

> I believe I may have been the person who sent that message you are
> referring to.  If not, I sent quite a colorful request for help last
> summer trying to get that same Siig pci card working on a
> Slackware box.  The group was unable to help me at that time, & I
> was unable to get the card working on Linux (tried like 3 or 4
> different distro's) then.

This yours?

http://www.google.com/linux?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=cn2487

> I am happy to report the following:
>
> I am using this card on a slackware-current box,
> with the 2.6.3 kernel.  No problems to report.
> I would imagine running the 2.6.N kernel on your
> favorite distro would work great as well with that card.
>
> Other than the kernel, you shouldn't have to do anything special to
> get it to work.  Just note that the Primary master on the card would
> be /dev/hde, pri slave /dev/hdf, & so on.
>
> Also, just use hard disks on the siig card & no cd-roms, or your
> install will surely fail.

Great!  Thanks Robert!  I was thinking that it would work, and wasn't
going to put anything other than drives on that card.

--
Shawn

 "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear -- not absence of
fear."
	-Mark Twain

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"