On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 08:53:12AM -0600, Tom Penney wrote:
> I plan to try to keep up with all the SIG's if I can. My fear is that
> people who can help will miss the post because they will only be
> reading one SIG.

With over 500 members, I don't think topic filters will affect us too
greatly.  At least it's an option for those who hate to hear me wax
phillosophical about Debian.  I'll probably still read all topics on the
list, but I would love the ability to quit receiving OT posts at times.
It would keep me from unsubscribing or checking the "no receive" option.

> If the goal is to reduce the volume of posts how about moving the chat
> topics to a SIG or a Wiki. I enjoy reading about "Hacker-style music"
> and the like as much as anyone but only when I have spare time. The
> volume of truly on topic posts is not that great.

And that's an important thing to note, topic filtering does not affect
archiving of list posts.  Everything is still available on the list
archives.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/