Heh...shoreview.  All DSL-deployed CO's should be capable of it, it's
just a distance issue.  My parents house is less than two miles from the
Rice St. CO, and they qualified for the 7M service.  They moved from
640/256 to 1.5/1.0M and it works great.

So you might be too many wire-feet from Rice and 694.

Also, some new and clarified information for the group.  This is from
Qwest's MegaCentral page (for ISP's)

2/24/04 Qwest is introducing DSL without a telephone line, often
referred to as naked DSL or as Qwest refers to it Standalone DSL

(You think they would file for a tarrif approval on a product called
"Naked DSL", with Powell and the FCC coming right off of the whole Janet
Jackson fiasco?  I think not!)

$33/month
$99 activation (but see promo)
1.5M Choice DSL Deluxe service ONLY
Address loop qual process
DMT only

I misunderstood the CAP/DMT thing in one of Qwest's FAQs.  It sounds
like you will need to switch to DMT...below is what I read and you can
see how I might have mucked it up:

"Will current CAP customers qualify for the up to 1.5M service?

There is a limitation on the CAP DSLAMs.  Current CAP customers may
qualify for the new up to 1.5M speed (I went stupid after this line),
however they will need to switch to the DMT service if they want to
receive the new up to 1.5M service.  They may purchase a DMT modem for
$59.99 or rent a DMT modem at $3/month.  Current CAP customers are not
required to change to DMT if maintaining current service."

So they said some CAP customers do qualify for 1.5M speed (the part I
read).  Then they said that those CAP customers that want to switch to
Choice DSL Deluxe need to move to DMT (which I didn't read <g>)

The CAP standard supports the speed no problem, but CAP has more of a
distance limitation than DMT (more specifically, DMT allows greater
speeds over longer distances because it can tolerate worse line
conditions).