Actually I coul appreciate these practices.  My school district (272) is
formerly redhat-happy, and now is moving toward SuSe happy (due to our
tie-ins with Novell products).  But I could probably get my debianized
foot in the door with some special projects and doing it right and
saying that the SIG is my support group would be great ;)