Chad Walstrom wrote:
> were any local Debian Users Groups.  My response was to suggest a Debian
> SIG (Special Interest Group) for TCLUG.

I'd really like to participate in a debian sig... there's a lot
of best practices I'd like to learn about:
- installation techniques
- choosing a version and mix-ins (apt-pinning)
- basic networking (setting up interfaces w/iptables)
- making your own packages and repositories
- how to do customizations like "compile the gatos ati.2 driver
  for XFree86 4.3.0" leveraging as much of the existing infrastructure
  as possible (i.e. Branden's subversion repository)

Regards,

--Tom