Actually Qwest says existing CAP customers can qualify for the faster
speeds - but if you order it and you don't, they will let you move to
DMT (but you'd have to get a new modem).

I did hear at one point that someone was able to get a 678 DMT image to
work on the 675 by compressing it - but it sounded complicated and
dangerous, and you're probably better off just dropping the $99 on an
actiontec.