On 3/2/2004 11:27 PM Mark Courtney wrote:

> I'd like to thank Mr. Adam Maloney for this valuable info.  I called qwest
> and did the old switcheroo, dropped the phone number that never gets used
> (treos rock), upgraded to the 1.5 line, and I'm gonna be saving some
> dough.  They're even sending me a new Actiontec to boot (for free).  They
> claim that the Cisco 678 won't handle the 1.5 line.  Does anybody know if
> this is true?
>

> Thanks again, Adam.

No, it is *not* true. Many Qwest cust service (sales) folks will insist
that you *have* to get their Actiontec. They don't know any better. I've
seen newsgroup posts from at least a dozen folks in this area (mpls/stp)
who have a 678 training at 1536/1024 with the new DSL service. As of
tomorrow, I'll be another one. This is on a regular Qwest line with DSL.
I assume it's the same for the "naked DSL" option.
--
jcf