On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 10:40, David Phillips wrote:

> Get Ad-Aware Plus from Lavasoft.

> Sometimes you will get infected with things that haven't caught the
> attention of the anti-spyware companies.  For those, HijackThis is a
> useful tool to find and eliminate them.  Just be very careful

I second this post. AdAware first for automated cleaning. then Hijack
this if you still have problems (be careful).

I'd also add a third step... start>search>all files named "hosts". I've
seen a few tampered hosts files in unusual locations. I once found an
alias for, among other things, lavasoftusa.com page. What I thought was
the adaware installer was actually another Trojan.

--
Tom Penney <blots at visi.com>