On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:10:13 -0500, Christopher A. Gahlon
<lists at gahlon.com> wrote:
> Anyway, I'm looking for some recommendations for Windhoze spyware
> removal/blocker tools.  Free is good but money is not an issue if it
> works well, gets automatic updates, and scans/cleans her computer on
> a scheduled basis.  Automated removal without dialogs would be a big
> plus!

Get Ad-Aware Plus from Lavasoft.  It's not free, but it will to
automatic updates and automatic cleaning.  The Plus version does real
time monitoring.

Sometimes you will get infected with things that haven't caught the
attention of the anti-spyware companies.  For those, HijackThis is a
useful tool to find and eliminate them.  Just be very careful with it,
since it can't determine what is good and what is bad.  There are
forums and mailing lists where you can post the results if you need
help.

--
David Phillips <david at acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/