That could be a problem for larger numbers of machines.

At some point, exersizing greater control over the repositories, and
automating package testing for a representative (and local) subset of
machines, will probably have some payback in time and effort.

>>> Clay Fandre <clay at fandre.com> 07/29/04 02:00PM >>>
Yes, you never want to do an automatic update. You're just asking for
trouble. Instead have the cron download the updates so they are ready
and waiting for you...

11 0 * * * /usr/bin/apt-get update && /usr/bin/apt-get -d -u -y
dist-upgrade && /usr/bin/apt-get autoclean