> Not unless you use Wine on Linux...
>
> I haven't looked on Fresh Meat but you may want to look at MySQL. MySQL
> is not like Filemaker or Access it's
> a much better solution that could provide more depth to the database you
> presently use.

I'm guessing something with an integrated front end, ala Access, FM,
Alpha5 or Rekall is the most important thing to the OP's wife/her
department.  We interfaces aren't the end all be all especially for a lot
of database apps requiring more than the standard name, address, email,
shipto of ecommerce.  They need and rdbms and frontend all rolled into
one.  Other than Rekall, there isn't much on Linux that fits the bill.