A couple of weeks ago I was successfully disabused of trying to run
cysrus-imapd on my imap server. The only other one I know of on Fedora
Core 2 is Dovecot. Dovecot doesn't have a man page,  and the
/usr/share/doc documents are pretty thin.

Can anyone point me the right way to get dovecot running, personal
advice, books or URLs, witchcraft? (No offense meant to Wiccans).

Here is the stage I am at:

I have about 10 imap users which are mapped one-to-one as system users.
I have it this way because it worked before under RH Linux 6.2 - 9.

Each one has a home directory with a "mail" subdirectory. Dovecot has
obediently created mail folders in the mail directories, "Drafts, inbox,
Sent".  Those folders show up on MUA programs on other machines

I did chkconfig --level 35 dovecot on
I restarted the machine.
.

Now, I have to make sure trhe mail is deliered to the dovecot folders
and can be retrieved by remote MUAs. Altough the mail folders show up,
no mail is retrieved.

The mail machine running dovecot runs sendmail with a fairly vanilla
sendmail.cf. I can tell mail is arriving because I can see the mailbox
sizes in /var/spool/mail increasing.

I know this is a big question, but any ponters or references would be
gratefully apprteciated.

Bryan Zimmer
baz at winternet (noSpam) dot com