On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 09:23:11AM -0500, Josh Trutwin wrote:
> Care to share a more inviting and friendly vimrc?  I don't care for
> the Debian one either - I had to mod it to even get window to window
> copy/paste to work without adding garbage spaces/tabs.

My vimrc isn't hugely modified - but there are a few things that I like
to do:

set list
set listchars=tab:\|\ "
syntax on
colo evening

The list thing will show |'s for tabs - which is really nice for seeing
the tabs.  The colo evening is a color scheme that I really like.  I
hate the default color scheme because of those dark blues that you can't
see on a black background.  colo evening uses more "bright" colors.

Anyone have any other must have vimrc options?

dan