Marc Olivier wrote:
> Hello.
> I would like to download the latest stable version of Linux from SuSE, but the
> directions don't make sense to me. What exact material do I download from
> which folder on their Chicago FTP server, and is there any particular order I
> am to save it when I burn a CD with the material (or am I supposed to be able
> to just download something straight to my hard drive and boot from that?)?
>
> It talks about downloading the installation tree, but I don't see anything
> marked "Installation Tree", so, what next?
>
> I know I could just buy the thing, but I would like to get some proficiency
> out of this beyond just running Star Office.
>
> Marc

I just did a network install 2 days ago and the directions on SuSE's web
site were a bit different. I downloaded the boot.iso (I could be wrong
on the name of the image), and burned it out to disk. Suse said to pass
command line arguments to the kernel,  like "linux
install=ftp://server.com", I found this not to work, I just booted the
install disk up and let it "crash" and when it dropped into a menu,
Network install was an option and off I went. Not sure if it is what you
want to hear but it worked for me. Took about 2-3 hrs.

--
Erick Stohr
Burnsville, MN

erick at enrwebdev.com