Samuel MacDonald wrote:
> What a good day to sit and watch Gentoo compile "Inside"!
> I did not get any date errors when I did the "emerge sync" this time.
>    Having the Compaq setup partition is necessary for a successful
> Gentoo install.
>    This is because the compile is date very sensitive.
>
> The emerge sync finished over night, It told me to update Portage.
> I looked on the Gentoo web site but didn't find anything directly
> related to this.
>
> So I did "emerge Portage" I really hope that was the right thing to do.
>    Thinking outside the box (while in the house) sometimes helps the
> learning curve.
> I got the following error...
>
> Checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
> configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
> See 'config.log' for more details.
> configure: error: /bin/sh ' /.configure' failed for autoconf-lib-link
> !!! ERROR: sys-devle/gettext-0.12.1 failed
> !!! Function econf, line 324, Exitcode 1
> !!! econf failed
>

> I have no clue what this is telling me, well other then it failed on the
> C++ preprocessor sanity check
> I looked in /var/log for "config.log" and didn't find it. I'm not sure
> where to look for the "config.log"
>
> Sam.

You need to follow the install directions and all will work as it
should.  When you do your "emerge system" it will update portage as
necessary.  The config.log is located in the directory where the compile
  was taking place (probably somewhere in /var/portage).

--
The Wandering Dru <dru at druswanderings.net>
http://druswanderings.net <--- Things 'n' Such

Get nifty TCLUG merchandise at the TCLUG Store!
http://www.cafeshops.com/tclug