I figured it out.  I changed the DisplaySize in my XF86Config file.  On the
right monitor (the one running at 1600x1200) I added 'DIsplaySize 400 300'
and on the left monitor I added 'Display Size 800 300'.  That seems to give a
reasonable set of fonts.

Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
GPG signature at http://mtu.net/~jpschewe/gpg.sig.html