I'm very happy with icdsoft.com - I believe they're Linux
friendly, though not local.  $60 per year (plus $5 for a
domain if needed), and only $40 for subsequent domains,
including 333MB storage, 5GB/month bandwidth and unlimited
email addresses.  Their tech support is good, and they are
open to supporting most services (such as moveabletype).

Cheers, Paul

----

> Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:19:00 -0600
> From: Dan Drake <drake at math.umn.edu>
> Subject: [TCLUG] email hosting
>
> Good morning, list...
>
> I own dandrake.org but haven't been using it. I'd like to
> start using
> that for my email, so I need some hosting.
>
> I'd like to have a couple addresses, including a catch-all
> address.
> Secure mail would be good, to avoid cleartext passwords. An
> option for
> some web hosting would be nice, but not critical. And of
> course, I'd
> like something that's not expensive.
>
> A hosting company that's "Linux friendly" would be nice,
but
> not
> necessary. Same for Twin Cities-based companies.
>
> Any suggestions? My current registrar has crappy deals;
I've