Hello!

>>> adamm at sihope.com 01/26/04 11:25AM >>>
>I've got a side project working on Perl/DBI -> MS SQL.  No luck yet,
but
>I'm very close.  I haven't touched it in a few weeks, so this is from
>memory...
>I know nothing about MS SQL, but my current roadblock seems to be that
>need to give the driver a hostname/IP to connect to, and the SQL guys
>won't give me one because "it's a cluster".  Well whoop-de-doo,
Captain
>Kangaroo - but something, somewhere needs to have an IP so I can talk
>it.  Grrr...kill...  But everything seemed to compile okay.

Then say "Oh. OK, give me all of their IP addresses."
Or, have them give you whatever the want to give
you WRT connection info and look it up (findsmb,
ethereal,...).

>Check out FreeTDS and libIODBC, that should get you going in the
right
>direction   For my Perl stuff I needed DBI, DBD::ODBC, and some other
>junk to make the MS SQL driver happy.  There's so many layers of
>abstraction here - Perl needs DBI which needs DBD which needs ODBC
which
>needs an MS SQL driver, which needs some more glue.  I'm about to
start
>sniffing all this glue to ease the pain!  Gah!

You could try DBD::Sybase too, but that might require
OpenClient libraries from Sybase.

This was a bad week to stop sniffing glue...;-)