Shawn wrote:
> Yep, encrypted movie dvd's or even data dvd's for that matter.  How
> does it work with the cd-r/w aspect?  Is there anything within lilo
> that I need to change?  Right now I have it set to "hdc=ide-scsi"

you definitely need libdvdcss for encrypted dvd movies.  I'm not sure if
there's anything special about dvd data cd-r type discs.  I don't have
any of those but I suspect you should be able to just mount them like
regular cd-r/rw's.   I don't recall having to add anything special to
lilo.conf other then what you already have (hdc=ide-scsi).

> For the time being, on the SCSI card and tape drive, I just put the
> corresponding modprobe commands into my /etc/rc.d/rc.local file.  I'll
> try and pull down a new kernel in the next week or so and try and
> build one (first time, so it'll be a bit hairy for me).

I think the proper location is /etc/rc.d/rc.modules for slackware.  You
should be able to just uncomment the modules you need in there.
--
scot