On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:50:48 -0600
Ken Fuchs <kfuchs at winternet.com> wrote:

> The following will load the driver for all Adaptec PCI SCSI host
> adapters, and the 274x (EISA) and 284x (VLB) SCSI host adapters:
>
> modprobe aic7xxx

Great!  Thanks Ken.  After I did a `modprobe aic7xxx` it loaded into
the kernel, then I did a `modprobe st` and they both were successful.
I can now do a successful `mt -f /dev/st0 status` and get a positive
result back:

SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=-1, block number=-1, partition=0.
Tape block size 512 bytes. Density code 0x13 (DDS (61000 bpi)).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (1010000):
 ONLINE IM_REP_EN

Scot,
  Thanks for the hint on apsfilter.  I'm not familiar with it as I've
never used it before.  I'll see if I can get it to work.  I had to
remove the previous printcap file and start over.  But, I think it's
going to work.  I like this way a lot better than I do Cups setup.
Not as pretty, but I like it better!

Now I just gotta figure out my cd-r/w & DVD combo drive why I can't
get DVD's to read from it...

--
Shawn

 "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear -- not absence of
fear."
	-Mark Twain

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"