On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 04:42:02AM -0600, David Schiff wrote:
> For what its worth the DeadRat manuals state the reason they use a /boot
> partition is so if you have file corruption on / you can still have pure
> kernel to boot and fix things.

Was there a point?

> I ha a Dell Inspiron 11. It had this really nice feature of a one time
> boot option, you hit f12 at start up and you get a menu of boot options.

I find this hard to believe, unless Dell did something really stupid like
making F12 boot an alternative partition that runs a boot loader to pick
the boot device.. My cheapie PC Chips motherboard lets me press F8 and
gives me the option to boot from any device on the system (even USB CF
adapters)

> I installed Fedora core w/Grubb on mbr now not only wont this feature
> work (which is not surprising) but Grubb kicks in before I can boot a cd
> or dvd no matter what the bios boot order is set to. To boot from cd I
> have to dissable boot from hd in bios.

Odd, have you tried updating your BIOS?

> Is there a HOWTO to create a boot from cd munu option ror Grubb like the
> boot from floppy option on Mandrake's LILO setup?

Doubtful.