Perhaps you may be interested in some sort of "pretty printer" or "source
code beautifier?"

 The ones I have worked with allowed you to reformat the source code to
position the curly braces in any style you like.

I did a quick google and found bunches of pretty printers for lots of
platforms and applications.
Some items that caught my eye ...

Can't say if this work or not, looks cool:
http://www.beautifier.org/

Java tool:
http://jalopy.sourceforge.net/

Source Code Formatter / Pretty Printer in word.
http://www.comsci.co.uk/freedownloads.html
Not so fast with the flames - this should work in open office!

Any other recommendations from list members?

FWIW - I like the curly braces to line up. This makes it easier to sort out
what goes with what in tricky chunks of code. I like deep indents (8 spaces)
on simple code. I think the airy appearance looks nicer. On deeply indented
code I drop to 4  spaces to keep the code from marching off the right hand
margin. In large projects I avoid the abbreviated IF format and stick with
curly braces. This reduces subtle logic bugs when you get into late night
"cut and paste" sessions.

Mark Browne