On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 10:55:43AM -0600, Jima wrote:

>  That's really interesting.  My Latitiude c840 works fine with Linux.
> Everything except the winmodem worked out of the box.  The modem (a pctel)
> took a third-party driver.  No Broadcom anywhere near this thing (nor
> would I want it!); the NIC is a 3c905C.

Yes, people have managed to drag _some_ specs out of broadcom, or to
reverse engineer =)

I was referring to their never products, specificly wireless. There's
nothing like plopping down $1k or so on a nice shiny laptop to find that
a $65 part doesn't work in Linux because Dell won't lean on them for
specs.