On Sat, 28 Feb 2004, Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
> Dell is _not_ linux friendly, and won't be until they stop selling their
> hardware with broadcom chipsets.

 That's really interesting.  My Latitiude c840 works fine with Linux.
Everything except the winmodem worked out of the box.  The modem (a pctel)
took a third-party driver.  No Broadcom anywhere near this thing (nor
would I want it!); the NIC is a 3c905C.
 You might want to think twice before making sweeping generalizations.
 I readily agree with your stance on Broadcom, though.  Ick.

     Jima