On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 15:50, Andy Zbikowski (Zibby) wrote:
> There I go replying to an old thread where there is a new one here. It's
> your fault for changing the subject line! All your fault.
>
> Anyway, as for DVDs, Fedora does not include DVD playback support.

Haven't used Fedora.  Under Debian/unstable I installed mplayer and have
DVD playback working.  The howto's explain how to download the necessary
windows codecs.  I probably have some notes somewhere on what it took.

~jh

>  It also
> lacks mp3 playback support for that matter.
>
> Somewhere in this list of links below you should find some information
> about mp3 and DVD playback. I could figure out which page I remember
> seeing it on, but I'm lazy. There's lots of other useful info in the links
> too, so browsing them will be good for you. :)
>
> http://fedora.artoo.net/faq/
> http://rpm.livna.org/
> http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/
> http://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/General/yum_HOWTO.php
> http://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/General/yum_article.php
> http://www.jdmz.net/yum/
> www.fedorazine.com
> www.fedoranews.org
>
> Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://www.ringworld.org
>  A password is like your underwear; Change it
>  frequently, don't share it with others, and
>      don't ask to borrow someone else's.

John Hawley                | Can't keep my eyes from the circling skys.
jhawley at hissingdragon.net  | Tongue-tied and twisted; just an earth-