The rumors are true.  I'm assuming the other MegaCentral's on this list
got the same notification from Qwest.

New DSL tarrif (pending FCC approval 28-Feb-04) is DSL service without
phone service (well, without dialtone).  $33/month plus ISP charge, the
"Deluxe" 1.5M service only, $99 install.  Address loop-qual process (no
phone number).

This is one of those things that 5 years ago I said would be awesome,
and then decided Qwest would never do so I paid my $75 to get a
"XXX-XXX-BOFH" number (LART was taken for every exchange at Front St),
so now I'm rather tied to my POTS service.  I've even grown dependent on
all that crap that I said I would never have, like call waiting and
caller ID.

If all it takes for something to happen, is for me to say it will never
happen, then:

"Qwest will never have an option to activate additional PVC's to other
DSL hosts/subscribers on a DSL line."

"Qwest will never credit my home account $10,000"

"AOL will never go the @#$* away"