On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Munir Nassar wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Chris Desjardins wrote:
> > And another question does anyone have any ideas on where i can find a
> > linmodem for my Dell Inspiron 1100.  I downloaded the linmodem software to
> > figure out what type of linmodem I should get but I can't figure out which
> > one I need from that.
>
> from my experience dell uses the Lucent WinmodemLTs
> linmodems.org should have those drivers, they work reasonably well.

 Not quite.  I know the Latitude c840 uses a pctel chipset; there are
Linux drivers (although not kernel-native) for that, too.
 However, a bit of Googling suggests that there are actually three
different modems used in the 1100 (Conexant, Smartlink, and
PCtel/Broadcom).  Great.  There are links to drivers for all three here:

http://www.geocities.com/randomnumbergenerator2001/#redhat_9_modem

 Hope this helps.

     Jima