On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Chris Desjardins wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas why I can't play audio CDs or watch DVDs on my
> computer?  I am running Fedora Core 1.0.  I can play mpegs and avis with
> MPlayer but I can't get my cds to recognized.  when i click on my cd it
> tells me that it can't mount and I realize that audio cds don't mount.  any
> ideas?

to play audio cds you can use xmms-cdread, but gnome|kde bluecurve should
have a cdplayer of sorts as well.

you may also need the audio cable. though i have found it best to rip my
cds to oggs, much more flexible.

> And another question does anyone have any ideas on where i can find a
> linmodem for my Dell Inspiron 1100.  I downloaded the linmodem software to
> figure out what type of linmodem I should get but I can't figure out which
> one I need from that.

from my experience dell uses the Lucent WinmodemLTs
linmodems.org should have those drivers, they work reasonably well.

> Also I am trying to get PengAOL to work.  Does anyone else use it and know
> how to you use it?

never heard of it  :)

> What IPs are linux friendly?

IPs? as in ipaddresses? all of them