On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Ben Neigebauer wrote:
> I have my cable split about 6 ways and get frequent drop-outs.
>
> Will one of those bi directional broadband amplifiers work?

I'd suggest picking up a couple drop amps (amplifier with a built-in
splitter, similar to what the cable company usually will install for you)
and splittings things that way. Of course, like Daniel mentioned, you'll
want to get a cable tech out to make sure you're not pumping too much
power into your modem.