Perhaps the sarcasm was lost on you, the Cnet bandwidth tester is a load
of crap.

ftp to ftp.software.umn.edu and download something large, with a decent
program (not internet explorer) that reports speeds.

You're on the exact same node (or hub, as you like to call it) that I am,

boot.iso:                                                3.53 MB  378.01 kB/s
ncftp ...at-9-en/os/i386/images > pwd
  ftp://ftp.software.umn.edu/pub/linux/redhat/redhat-9-en/os/i386/images/

Stop whining.