David Phillips wrote:

>natecars at real-time.com writes:
>

>>>I am looking for recommendations for an IDE RAID card that will run
>>>w/ either Fedora, or RHEL 3.0
>>>

>>Highly recommend the 3ware cards. 3dm is pretty darn nice.
>>

>Same here.  They make the only IDE RAID cards worth buying.  These people
>have good prices on 3ware products and good support:
>
>http://www.hypermicro.com/

Not the *only* - Adaptec has ide/sata raid cards out... I'd be willing
to bet Adaptec's are as good if not better just from the decades of
scsi/raid cards they made before 3ware existed.

Not only that but Adaptec has been jumping all over MB manufacturers to
put their sata raid chipsets onboard.

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/common/index.html?prodkey=customer_story_satamboards&source=home_story2_satamboards&sess=no&language=English+US
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/product/prodtechindex.html?cat=/Technology/Serial+ATA&source=menu

I would say if you pickup a 3ware, or an Adaptec - you won't be sorry.