On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 12:11:22PM -0600, Bruce Broecker (bruce.broecker at toro.com) wrote:
> > Does anybody have a recommendation for a fiber NIC that works well under
> > Linux?  I've had bad luck with 3Com cards (who hasn't?), so they've been
> > rules out...
>
> I've had good results with current Intel adapters under Linux. I have not, however
> used Inte's fiber adapters with Linux. I do know that they use the same drivers, so
> that shouldn't be a problem.

I have used the fiber cards under Linux, and they work great if they
work with your hardware.  We ran into several compatability issues with
certain chipsets not working with certain cards.  We actully installed
Windows just to make sure it wasnt a driver issue.. I belive the newer
cards should all work fine with newer hardware (We were using an older
card with a dell part number on newer hardware).

Jay

--
Jay Kline
http://www.slushpupie.com