I decided to give Fedora a shot for a bit, though after getting it all up
and running I nearly went back to the backup of my Debian Stable install
due to Fedora's version of XMMS not including mp3 support. (Due to
licensing/patent issues or something.) Alright, deep breath. XMMS.org has
RPMs for xmms. Download, install...needs alib-blah, or wast it
asound-blah...damn I miss apt.

Install apt, check sources.lost, add freshrpms.net. apt-get install
alsa-lib. Ah, that's better. rpm -U xmms*.rpm. Hello raidioparadise.com,
Fedora can stick around for another week or so.

So now that I'm this far, anyone have any other tips or things I should
know? This is the first time I installed a RPM based distro without being
fustrated enough by it to reinstall Debian the next day.

Still getting used to the RedHat way of doing things with Run Levels and
using services instead of /etc/init.d/. Well, back to stumbling blindly
about my fresh new install...

Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://www.ringworld.org
 A password is like your underwear; Change it
 frequently, don't share it with others, and
     don't ask to borrow someone else's.