Generally your dreams represent things happening in your real-life that
are exciting, stressful, overwhelming, dramatic, sad, emotional etc. I
have dreams about linux, soccer, snowboarding - but I've also had dreams
about Britney in that little school-girl/pigtails outfit from the Ooops
video or whatever. (Bad girl, go to my room.)

Does that make me a sexaholic? A Geek? A British Soccer Hooligan?

Naw.

Dreams are interesting phenomena but don't "make" you anything nor are
they a qualifier for any social class or group. I would be willing to
bet linux has been playing a larger role in your day-to-day social
conscious and that is now getting dream-worthy attention by your
sub-concious psyche.

You might be interested in a movie called "Waking Life" - you should be
able to find it at your local vid store or online. (I have the xvid
rip.. ;-)

Dreams are weird, obviously we've not figured them out but we do know
things about the effect they have on us.

Ever heard of lucid dreaming? Google my friend, google.

Also try keeping a dream log - a pen and notepad on your headrest you
can easily reach without to much disturbance shortly after waking up.
Studies show the more you move and think after exiting the dream and
wake up is in some way proportional to how long and with how much detail
you actually remember your dream. You'll be surprised (or scared) at the
stuff you forgot you dreamt about if you try and record them.