I don't know what they cost these days but I've been pretty happy with
my HP LaserJet 1100. I bought it as a refurb about 5 years ago and it's
always worked fine under Linux. A year or so ago it started pulling in
more than one sheet of paper though but I have not taken it in for
adjustment.

--
Eric (Rick) Meyerhoff