Justin Kremer wrote:
> Can anyone make a recommendation, from experience, of a good Laser
> printer that'll work well under linux, and that I can probably find
> used for a reasonable price?  I'd prefer under $100, so I'm not
> looking for new and fancy, just something that'll print several ppm,
> not jam on me too often, and overall not suck.  Any ideas of where to
> find one, aside from ebay?

cruise over to MPC in Eagan and pick yourself up a nice HP laserjet.
from $45 according to their website
http://www.materialsprocessing.com/surplus.html

I have and old HP laserjet 4L.  Bought it in 1995.  Has always just
worked with linux, even default lpd (no need for cups).  300 dpi,
4 pages/min, postscript and PCL; good enough for my needs.  Only
complaint, paper tray doesn't hold a lot of paper.  Rock solid
otherwise.
--
scot