John Meier wrote:
> I'd like to plop in a cdrom on one of my headless boxes and have it
> rip  and encode (ogg or flac)  then eject the cdrom and wait for the
> next.
>
> I have been playing with abcde, but haven't found a way to make this
> all automatic....  anyone ever accomplish anything like this before?

I don't have the application in front of me to confirm, but I thought
Grip had an option to automatically begin it's processes on insert. I
know you can set it to eject when the ripping process is complete.

If that doesn't work you could certainly set up a shell script to do
it for you since cdparanoia, oggenc, and eject all work from the
command line. You should be able to set all your options for quality,
filenaming, id3 tags, etc from a pretty simple script and for loop.
I've got something similar at home for converting mp3 or ogg to wav
and then burning them to cd if you'd like a template to start from.

-- Ryan