On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:13:02 -0600, Kraig Jones <jkjones at tcq.net> wrote:
> Thanks, Josh.
>
> I tried one of the addresses:  68.142.226.43, or www.yahoo.dns.net.  It
> loaded some of the yahoo page, but gets hung up on images, now
> (us.i1.yimg.com).  I'm not having any trouble with other computers, on
> the same connection here at home.  I think it's something with this
> computer's settings, running Ubuntu Linux.  I just don't know where to
> look.

It looks like a DNS issue to me. the images are probably not loading
because there is a domain associated with the image in the html
source, it cant resolve the domain correctly. It finds the rest of the
page because it gets it directly from the IP address.

So, my guess, either your DNS is hijacked or there is some other
Configuration problem with your dns. or perhaps your bowser is hosed
(unlikely). Have you tried a different browser

Look at the file /etc/hosts you should see a line for your localhost
127.0.0.1 and perhaps another line with your host name in it but there
should be nothing with yahoo or anything else in there.

Also check /etc/resolve.conf. If there are name servers listed there
make sure they are the name servers run by your ISP. If you are Using
DHCP make sure your DNS settings are correct in your Router (or
whatever is set up as your DHCP server)

--
Tom Penney