On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:52:02 -0600
smac at visi.com wrote:

> It sounds like the power supply, but it may be over heating.
>
> Take the critter "outside" and blow it out (dust YUCK!) with a can
> of air. I think you could set it out side today and have it self
> clean :oD
>
> Reseat everything, processor, memory, nic, video, (*power
> connector*), etc...
>
> I had a flaky power supply do what you have going on, but usually
> they just go south after a shutdown.  Have any power spikes of late?

That reminds me...

Well, about a month ago I was having trouble finding the breaker for
the kitchen light so I could replace the fixture and I accidentally
shut the breaker this box was connected to.  It's on one of those
little home UPS's but the thing has 2 other boxes connected to it and
I've found that some stay on, some power down with short outtages.
This one I think went down.  Nonetheless, a good cleaning certainly
would be a good idea to rule anything out.

Incidentally, in order to take the power off to my kitchen light I
needed to turn off the garage (!) AND one of the upstairs light
breakers.  Gotta love old house wiring...

Thanks,

Josh