Hello All!

    This my first mail to the TCLUG.
    I am running FC1 on a Toshiba satellite laptop and trying to get the
    OS to recognize my USB jumpdrive. My /etc/fstab looks like this...
    LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
    LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
    none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
    none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
    none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
    /dev/hda5               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
    /dev/sda1              /mnt/usb              vfat
    noauto,owner,user,sync 0 0
    /dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf,iso9660
    noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
    Now when I try to mount the drive I get the following error...
        mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb
    mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device

    Running /sbin/fsck I get the following...
    fsck 1.34 (25-Jul-2003)

    dosfsck 2.8, 28 Feb 2001, FAT32, LFN
    open /dev/sda1:No such device or address

    Any suggestions what to do now?
    I googled for this problem but came up with no solution.

    Thanks.

    Arko.