Any problems are likely to be I/O driver problems.  Look out for strange built-in "winmodems" and strange internal WiFi, but having
those built-in is nice.  I use a plug-in WiFi card when I need long range and/or an external antenna.  My older HP has some drivers
from France for the Winmodem that worked on RH 7.6 but not (yet) in RH 9.  The internal WiFi wasn't a problem in this case.  Most of
the other stuff like graphics, storage, etc is usually standard enough.

Chuck