On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:00:01 -0600, Keith Resar <7aefc33f6 at heavyk.org> wrote:
> I've got a program that crashes when it starts in some
> windowmanagers (XFCE and Metacity at least, maybe more).  In its
> crashlog it says
>
>         X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
>           Major opcode of failed request:  28 (X_GrabButton)
>           Serial number of failed request:  4753
>           Current serial number in output stream:  4832

This looks like an ssh "problem" Ive worked with recently. Are you
running this via ssh? If so, make sure you have ssh -Y hostname and
not just ssh -X hostname.  They changed things around a bit in recent
versions.

> I'd like to get a readable listing of all the current keybindings
> that X11 has in an attempt to figure out what I've got to release in
> order to get this program to start w/o crashing.

xmodmap is what you want.  'xmodmad -pk' will spit out what everything
is mapped to.

Jay

--
Jay Kline