when last we saw our hero (Wednesday, Dec 08, 2004),
 John Meier was madly tapping out:
> <snip>
> >Home Depot has an Ideal brand
> > crimper
>
> So if the original poster needs, I have the above mentioned crimper,
> wire and the plug ends - and I'm in bloomington - home all day  You
> could test it out before you buy and make a cross-over!!
>
> My crimper is from Home depot, but I upgraded it a bit....  It's far
> better than ANYTHING out there... I should really put my Crimper mod
> up on the Internet so others can benefit....

color me more than a little curious as to your mod.  i've been using
what i consider to be the best crimper ever [1] for going on 6 or so
years now.  i've crimped probably thousands of cable ends, definitely
several hundred, with mine and i've only broken one die.

{ snipped - misc .signatures }

references
http://www.milestek.com/shop/product.asp?id=40%2020031&cid=710&kwd=MTTTLCTMOD&l=516&p=Tools+%26+Testers

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC