Quoting Jon Schewe <jpschewe at mtu.net>:

> Except that I need the traffic from the internal machines to appear to
> come from the public addresses.

This is what NAT does. You have IP addresses 1, 2 and 3 which are routable and
issued to you by your ISP. You have IP addresses 4,5,6,7,8,9 which are RFC1918
addresses on your internal network. You can set up NAT so that all traffic
coming from IP 6,7,8 and 9 appers to source from IP 1. Additionally, you can
statically map IP 2 to IP 4 so that any traffic going to 2 gets sent to 4, and
vice versa. You can also do PAT, where traffic to a specific port on a certain
external IP gets sent to one address and traffic to that same external IP on a
different port gets sent to a different address. This sounds like what you
want, email me off list if you want to discuss further.

Thanks,
Josh