Well, for myself.  I use it as my primary e-mail now.  I tried setting
up Postfix or Sendmail, but dropped it due to lack of time and
frustration (still need to get it done however).  It sure beats the
5MB limit set by Netscape, Hotmail or many others.

Gmail is okay, but at times, the threading of it can get rather daunting.

Although, I'd gladly go back to using Pine, Elm, or even Mutt once I
get my mail server setup.