A coworker is doing an assessment comparing groupware solutions for a
client. They're currently using straight-up SMTP + POP3 clients.
Exchange is an option, but these guys are a non-profit and pretty open
source-friendly, so they're looking for open solutions as well. I've
found what seem to be the big two, eGroupWare, and OpenGroupWare.

I'm wondering: are any of you using either of these? Are you using a
different groupware solution providing group messaging, calendaring,
etc. via a web interface? They would like this externally accessible.

If you are using these, or another product, how would you rate the
setup on a difficulty scale? How much maintenance does the product
require? Would you say that once running, it's something someone with
less than a year of *N?X experience could manage?

As a final question, would your proposed solution run on OpenBSD?
They're using this now, and setting up a new box is no big deal, but
something to consider, still.

Thanks!
--
John T. Hoffoss