> Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 20:31:10 -0500
> From: Eric <crc1021 at myrealbox.com>

> I'm curious, what programs do you use to archive and organize photos?
>
> I wrote a script to import photos from a digital camera that renames the
> files by the date and puts them in year/month/photo.jpg directory
> structure.  I'd like an interactive (GUI) program that allows for
> editing the jpeg comment field, creates collection of photos, indexes
> the whole archive (date, and comment), and allow for searching of the
> archive.

I use gallery. I think it was suggested on this list not too long ago. It
has a web-based GUI and allows you to add comments and descriptions. It
can search those items. It will automatically generate thumbnails, has
several color schemes and allows viewers to order prints online, or
download the full-resolution version to print as they like.

It has roles so you can have several separate albums, each with their own
owner, and people can make an account and add comments.

GPL and in PHP.

http://gallery.menalto.com